Public Comment for FY 2018-2021 Transportation Improvement Program open April 2-May 2
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
The Dover/Kent County Metropolitan Planning Organization will hold a public comment period for its shorter-term list of transportation projects in central Delaware.
The MPO’s draft Transportation Improvement Program for FY 2018-2021 includes more than $127 million in road, bridge, and other projects in central Delaware over the next four fiscal years. A public comment period for the draft TIP will run from April 2 to May 2, 2017. The MPO will seek approval from its policy-making body, the MPO Council on May 3.
A few of the projects in the draft TIP include:
- Improvements to North Street and Saulsbury Road
- Improvements to Walnut Shade Road between U.S. 13 and Peachtree Run
- Completion of grade separated intersections at Route 1/South Frederica; Route 1/Little Heaven; and Route 1/Northeast Front Street in Milford
- Completion of the West Dover Connector
- Completion of a roundabout at Route 10/Route 15
- Continued design of U.S. 13 widening from Puncheon Run to Lochmeath Way, as well as between Lochmeath Way and Walnut Shade Road
- Continued design of Crawford Carroll Road extension, Kenton Road improvements, and the Camden Bypass
- Bridge rehabilitation projects
- Bike and pedestrian improvements (including the Senator Bikeway, West Street Trail, and Brecknock Park Trail connector)
- Construction of a roundabout at Loockerman and Forest streets in Dover
The TIP represents the first few years of the MPO’s long-range Metropolitan Transportation Plan. Projects in the TIP are ones for which the Delaware Department of Transportation wants to secure federal funding. The TIP also serves as a budgetary guide for how much money will be spent on each project.
A project’s inclusion in the TIP does not guarantee construction will start within the TIP’s time span, although designers and planners could be busy behind the scenes on a project.
Comments and questions are welcome by calling (302) 387-6026 or (302) 387-6030, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.